Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thank You

I really don't have a whole lot to report since I got back from safari. This week has been kind of strange. However, I do want to say thank you. Thank you to all the people who selflessly gave money to an organization on the other side of the planet. Together we donated almost $1,500 and were able to secure the eviction problem, and pay the kids tuition. Moraa paid off the debt she owed the water man, bought feeds for the chickens, food for the kids, and even has the electricity turned on for the time being. Yesterday I went to the store with the little money that I didn't give directly to Moraa and bought new dishes and some shoes for the kids, and today Moraa and I plan on shopping for a gas cooker that will enable her to cook inside on days that it rains, or charcol is too expensive. From the money collected before I left we took the kids to the monkey park and made lunch for them providing a day they are sure to talk about for years to come. I also got some school supplies to encourage them to do their homework and study correctly. It was a wonderful sight to see the difference that can be made in these children's lives.

Thank you, sincerely, from myself, Moraa, and the kids of Faraja.

1 comment:

  1. So touched to see we could help!! I wish more would realize even a little bit helps.
    I will forever keep Moraa and the children in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete