Sunday, October 28, 2012

Water Project Complete

First off let me say thank you for your patience while waiting to see photos of the completed Faraja projects. I know I should have updated earlier but I needed some time to readjust to American life.

That being said, I am home!!! I am missing Ngong like crazy. My daily routine there was so different and I have some incredible friends who I will not soon forget. I miss my crazy group of Faraja kids and their non-stop giggle inducing antics, but I am happy knowing they are being well taken care of.


For everyone who donated to my Water Project here is what you/I have been waiting for!! When I decided in July that I wanted to provide gutters for the home it seemed like a long shot. The estimates were high and my time was short. However, four months later watching this project come to fruition has been such a rewarding experience.

Joshua, our wonderful fundi, removing the old gutter for repairs on Day 1. 

Building a platform for the very heavy 5,000 liter water collection tank on the boys side.

Removing the small 1,500 liter tank and replacing it with another 5,000 liter tank on the girls side. 


Finished product. Boys side. 

Finished product. Girls side. 



It might not look like the most spectacular thing in the world, but this gutter system will provide the home with much needed FREE water. The tanks should fill quickly after the rains start and the water bills should no longer jumped beyond 14,000Ksh. I am so happy to be able to have provided this system for the home and I could not be more grateful to everyone who donated. Thank you so much from the children, Mama Moraa, and myself! 


As soon as I have updated photos I will post plenty of pictures of the swing-set and slide in use!! So check back soon. Also, for more updates on all things Faraja related and our most current projects please check out the LEI Blog! http://www.longonoteducation.org/lei-blog.html

No comments:

Post a Comment