Thursday, March 24, 2011


By popular request, I present to you pictures of my Kenyan life.



First, a virtual tour of Ngong. Mind you no pictures could even begin to capture the true essence of Ngong, and cameras are not exactly something to flash around while walking alone. But I've done my best.

The view from the main junction in Ngong.



The sweets/ice cream/juice shop I (obviously) frequent.


Side road behind our apartment.


The giant trash heap next to our apartment building.
Often smoking, always covered with goats.


The place I call home.


Next, a couple shots of my roommates.


Issac and Nikki doing what they do best.
(DJing & Eating)


Abi & Ben eating nyama choma mentioned in the previous post.


The Faraja crew



Lastly, a couple random snapshots.

A real live dung beetle.
Worth every bit of the money I paid to come to Africa.


Kids of the KCC slum in Navashia.

Hell's Gate National Park


Hiking through the gorge.


And, of course, puppies.

3 comments:

  1. OH GOD THE PUPPIES!!! Awesome shots, dear! I'm very very VERY excited for you! :D <3

    ReplyDelete